Afraid

I am a bird with broken wings. I want to fly yet I’m afraid for the hard fall once the pain strikes. I’m afraid I can’t make it through my destination and get stuck in the forest full of predators. I’m afraid I can’t fight the odds along the way, including the air that should be in my favor. I’m too afraid.

Too many people watching my every step, waiting for my downfall. I’m afraid to make them happy, to give them reasons to mock me and suddenly I realized, are they my haters or my fans? They keep on waiting there, waiting so they could create a story with ending I haven’t started yet the journey. Too much attention I’m getting when they have they own lives to be fixed. Yes, I am broken. I am weak and I am imperfect but do I deserve the amount of time everyone is taking just to watch me? I pity this people. If only I could teach them to be productive at their own craft, maybe I could make the world better.

I’m afraid for myself because I’m letting this people live in both my two ears. I’m afraid one day I’m no longer myself trying to impress this people I don’t know either. I’m afraid I have to deal with the consequences of pretending to be the little “Ms. Perfect” because I’m too afraid to be neglected. Finally, I’m afraid someone will not learn first the real me before he falls in love with me.

Too many doubts, too many painful stories and too many hardships before I learned to be contented, to gain confidence and to not mind what the people around me is trying to create me to be. I guess I am just this interesting that I gain people’s attention like a public figure that everybody wants to know what cosmetic products brand is being used. I am a natural introvert and so I don’t want and will never be used to the attention I’m getting. Maybe I am a social media addict but the real thing is, I don’t need a conversation and a getting-to-know-you interview with anyone. A number of likes that shows someone appreciates my post is enough. And Oh! Comments are appreciated the most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Minimalist Wallet and Coin Purse

An episode

A Broken Piece