Road To The Title


"The journey wasn't easy.. and there is no shortcut towards success!"

I am contemplating whether I'll make this or just post the photos we took instead of making it a blog banner.

I can't hardly remember everything and that's the truth. Meanwhile, the experience of taking up the actual board is meaningful. The BUS/VAN-Lag sucks including the heat that came with it, the room hunting,the sleepless nights, the pressure and disappointments as well as the adventures.

I'd like to narrate what I felt while on it but seriously, I had a selected amnesia right after. Haha. So let's begin from the beginning.

I wasn't feeling well at all. I was sick for weeks being unable to attend 4 subjects in the Preweek schedule. Despite being sick, I managed to catch up on things slowly. Great thing we are a week ahead from other review centers in the country, thus we are given another 4 days to prepare for the actual board. I had to admit that I'm not confident to take the board given the circumstances that my study is being limited by my poor eyesight. I can't stand to study long hours so I had to be smart when it comes to timing my 'peak' period. Fortunately, I am a reader eversince. I can read fast and comprehend everything that I read. I have a weird schedule of studying and my Lomeda mates knows about it. Since it is an ACTUAL Board, I had to add more hours of studying than the usual. So instead of studying from 4AM - 6AM(self-review) plus review classes like the usual, I study from 2AM - 6 AM and then 11PM-2PM when I don't have review classes. Yes, I am a night owl.

I can say I hardly push myself in the beginning that I suffered from Overfatigue. I can't remember when was the days I attended my review classes that I'm okay. My immune system got weaker and weaker but I still do it because I need it. Eventually, I had to take my leave. I remember those times that I had to stay outside the review hall because I was chilling. Also, I had those times where instead of going to the review center, I'll go to the public library because I can't concentrate and my head is spinning. And yes, I look so cool on the outside but I'm freaking out in the inside because I can't study well. And while writing this, I am moving my head from left to right from time to time because it is just today that I realized how frustrated I got and how stressful I can be.

I can say that we really had our own stories to tell.

I am thankful that My Mom respect my time and give me the space I want. It was hard to travel approximately 30 minutes a day plus a 15-minute walk each day going to the city to attend my review. For about 5 months, I had to endure the heat, the rain, the mud, the rough roads, the long roads, the scare that the night is giving me when going home and the lack of motivation to continue the review while staying in a sitio. Aside from the hard walk and travel, I also had to ignore and be okay with the 'eyes' that continuosly look down at you, the gossips you'll hear when passing a group of people who dreamt too low and the noise of the people who doesn't know the word 'consideration'.

Being a reviewee feels like being a detainee.
There would be people who already accused you even before proven guilty.
I am kept. When you are a reviewee and was saw on social media posting about your travels and activities, they would think you aren't serious with your review thus being a reviewee deprived you from the things that you love doing because people will always have a say.

Above all the hardships, everything is bound to end. It's now finally done and hopefully all the sleepless nights, the tears of disappointments and frustrations will all be worth it.

Comments

  1. May our hardships be worth it. In Jesus Name! 🙏☝️😇

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Minimalist Wallet and Coin Purse

An episode

A Broken Piece