Being an Original

This is not to be selfish but just a reminder to be an original. I once said before to someone na "Nakakapagod kasi magpanggap. Nakakapagod maging perfect. Yung gusto kong gawin ang isang bagay pero masisira ang image ko at ng magulang ko. At hindi ako masaya sa ginagawa ko."

From that day on I urge myself to have the courage to be someone I want to be. This is Me ng Camp Rock ang naging theme song ng buhay ko noon. Mahirap sa umpisa dahil sanay ako na iniisip muna ang sasabihin ng iba sa lahat ng gagawin ko. Takot ako na maging iba kaya kahit hindi ko gusto, nakikiuso ako. Trying hard to be accepted ika nga. I want the society's approval.

Yun nga lang, hindi ako masaya.

So I created a world where everyone could see my development and growth as a person. I decline most of the time to invitations that could lead me into pretending again. The virtual world opens me the opportunity to express myself freely.

I don't really know myself before. I am a product of business. A product to be modeled, shown and valued base on physical attributes. In addition, I am judge by people who don't really know the hardships before I get those awards in school, a spot in that intermission number, how I am not allowed to go outside and play when a contest is near. They only see me as good when I'm handling certificates of recognition and wearing medals.

Later on I realized I've wasted so much of my time trying to be the perfect daughter everyone wish for.

Reading a lot, being alone in a place where I find tranquility and listening to good music seems to be my kind of persona. I wouldn't discover it if not because of Wattpad. I created an account in April 2009 where most of my poems and prose where posted,not minding the number of reads I might get. I have 2 notebooks in 2nd year High School where I wrote my poems I'm afraid someone might read if I posted it. In 2011, everyone got addicted in Wattpad.That time I'm much more of a reader than a writer.

I'm not good at communicating in person but I feel like a new person when in cyberspace.

What my blog entry is trying to imply is that I am a natural reader, Yes! But not a copy-cat. I read but I don't plagiarize. I read to be inspired and to get new idea but not to totally copy what someone is actually doing and creating herself to be. Being an original and being YOU is what I encourage everyone who reads this blog and know me personally. I'm a fan but I choose what to apply in my life. I choose what to admire and to set as an example. Being a fan is not about feeling all the feelings of your idol as well but being there just to make him/her know that whatever he/she feels right now, you respect him/her and you will stay.

Sometimes, we try hard to be someone we are not. When someone says she is like this you react as if "Uy! Pareho tayo." even if you are not. Stop pretending to be someone else and be that person you want everyone to be remembered. An Original.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Minimalist Wallet and Coin Purse

An episode

A Broken Piece